Today’s Onion Day Calender reads:
Gay themed televeision series like Bravo’s Queer Eye for the Staight Guy and Boy Meets Boyare popular with mainstream audiences. What’s the Appeal?
- Better than Oxygen’s Lesbian OshKosh B’Gosh Outlet-Store Shopping Spree
- 90% of Americans are latent homosexuals
- Fans can live fun-filled life vicariously through gay characters before having methodical sex with wife in Mobile, Alabama
- Explode myth that gay people are human beings like the rest of us
- Homosexuals not so intimidating when they’re 22″ tall
- Lost remote, accepting alternate sexuality easier than getting up and crossing room
- The Mexicans already had a network, why not the fruits?
- Crocodile-huntersexuals, Osbournosexuals, and antiques-roadshowsexuals are old hat.
In other news, I may have a soft spot for orchestral power metal. What is that, you ask? I sort of stumbled upon it while watching this video (which, by the way, I’m pretty sure isn’t fake). I really liked the music to it, and the description mentions “Trans-Siberan Orchestra”. I found this name to be super awesome, so I did some poking on Last.fm, and lo and behold, there they are. The only trouble is, half their music has some form of singing in it, which is not okay. I’m now on the quest to find what is possible the most obscure genre: Instrumental Orchestral/Symphonic Power Metal.
If anyone could, you know, help me with this, that’d be super.